Remember your not perfect

 
Dana Point, Baby Beach

   
    So, todays topic is an important one to everybody no matter who you are. It revolves around the understanding that you will make mistakes, and that is okay. If we were all perfect it would be a pretty benign and boring existence after all. That being said the important lesson is to remember to be mindful of your thoughts and feelings regarding this.

    Being mindful takes practice and a lot of people are asking "So what is being mindful anyways?". Being Mindful is the ability to actually know what is going on inside your head from those stray thoughts that wander through to understanding you are feeling something. That being said I use an app called headspace. If you have never meditated before it's good to start with the basics. The lessons will teach you how to get in the zone and eventually you will be able to meditate almost anywhere. I say that because I have 3 small children and often, I get in the zone when I am out in public.

    Once you have learned to see these thoughts going through your head you will also learn how to deal better with them. I think the best way to describe the before you do this was in one of the lessons from the app above. To give a brief summary think of your thoughts as a busy six lane highway. Up and down the thoughts constantly zoom. If you are not being mindful it's easy to run out in the middle of traffic and try to deal with things. Now that you see that picture you can understand why it's such a mentally taxing situation. I can't emphasize enough mindfulness will be a very useful tool in your everyday arsenal of tools.

    Once you have these things start to click in place you will find yourself getting more in tune with yourself and things that you once thought not possible are now possible. I recently took over doing the household budget as part of the things I didn't think I could do. It helped me develop a new-found respect for understanding how and where we the money goes. Before I felt powerless and frustrated about finances and after grappling with my issues, I was able to sit down and work through this. Now I am not saying you will become a CPA worthy finance expert, unless that is your goal, but you will start to feel more in control so items that once would throw you into a feeling of helplessness will now seem more like, "That's interesting why do I feel that way?", and that leads to you saying this is what I can try to make it feel better.

    In summary, remember nobody's perfect. Some people just have the tools and mechanisms in place that help them to better deal with situations. This is a big leap between feeling helpless to feeling like you are actively participating in your life and making things better in the long run. Remember to never give up and to never think your failures mean you are not a worthy human being. We all fail it is in remembering, adjusting, and learning from these failures that we all become better in the long run.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well this is slightly embarassing

Kick that diabetes out the door!